Thursday, May 6, 2010

"Natural Childbirth... Love the Stuff" Part 6

All I could do for the first few minutes was stumble around trying to find the words to say... the right questions to ask. Pam quickly set my mind at ease and made me feel as if we were best friends. I explained to her my story (up until that point) and waited for her reaction of "oh, sorry dear, I don't travel" but to my surprise it never came in fact I got the "I'm the second midwife for another couple in your town ... you might know them the M family". I was floored.. (the M family was the second couple in my Bradley Class I told you all about earlier in this blog.) After a few more words of encouragement she informed me that she would be happy to be our midwife as long as she could find a second midwife to assist.



A few minutes later she contacted me again and stated... "when would you like to meet?" I almost cried! I finally had a break through! I explained that I had an appointment with Dr. Nelson the following day to get the second of the RhoGAM shot (you need three during your pregnancy) so we made a phone interview appointment for after we returned home from the trip to Dr. Nelsons.



Early the next morning we made the trip to Dr. Nelsons, waiting in his office... finally being called to the front desk with the instructions to go have my blood drawn. From what we were told this was standard procedure as they want to make sure that I really do need the RhoGAM shot or if it was a little too soon for it. So off we went. Blood drawn and hours after hours we waited then finally the nursed called me to her office. "Belienda, you don't need the shot, you never needed it as your blood type is O positive."

We left the doctors office feeling confused... can a persons blood type change???

No comments:

Post a Comment