Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Natural Childbirth... Love the Stuff" Part 3

Day 4

Finally, the words we were longing to hear from a doctor... Pregnant!

We continued on the path of our monthly visits to Dr. Nelson. We would take the day off work to travel down to Lake Havasu City for our 10-15 minute visit with the doctor. After our visit we would then head over to the London Bridge where they have this wonderful restaurant that serves the best chips and spinach/artichoke dip we have ever had. Then we would walk around the beautiful landmark making plans for our new arrival.

While we dreamt of what was to come we would think ..."we just left the doctors office so why do we feel like we haven't a clue of what is going on?" Don't get me wrong we were always asked if we had questions, however, because we really did not understand the process how could we even ask questions or even know where to begin asking questions. This puzzled us so we began another search for answers and another season of prayer.

Then another breakthrough...

While making a visit to the best chiropractor in the USA I noticed a poster for "Bradley Classes - Husband Coached Childbirth" and immediately became interested. Then turning my head noticed that a high school mate of mine was standing beside me, he turned out to be not only a chiropractor (who by the way actually adjusted me that day) but also part of the team who became our Bradley Class instructors. While adjusting me he would tell me things that we would learn in the class all the while I could just think... I feel more informed with him then I do with my own doctor and he is the chiropractor. I took his number down and rushed to tell my husband about this new idea.

Mark made the call and got us enrolled in Bradley a few days later. Thus began our journey of what we like to call "Informed Pregnancy."

Tomorrows Post: "Natural Childbirth... Love the Stuff" Part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment